The Coronavirus wreaked havoc on supply chains across the globe and we are still feeling the effects today. We were all happy to see 2020 end, but it was hard to predict the long-term ramifications of a global shut down paired with an unprecedented demand for electronic products.
As we put 2021 behind us, there are still challenges that need to be solved in the electronics industry.
• Manufacturing plants are still facing shutdowns due to new Coronavirus outbreaks.
• Port congestion adds another 4-8 weeks to lead times. You can read more about this issue in our news feed.
Not only has the frequency control industry been subject to these issues, but we have also been dealing with the fallout from the AKM fire that happened in October 2020. Combine that with silicon shortages, pent up demand for integrated circuits, power shortage issues in China, plus limited suppliers of raw materials and you’ve got some real supply chain problems.
As of today, Suntsu’s lead times are as follows (This is a snapshot. You should always check with your sales rep for current lead times):
• 12-14 weeks
• 3.2X2.5mm packages or Smaller
• 18-20 weeks
• Note: we stock a fair amount.
• 18-22 weeks (smaller volumes)
• 32 weeks (larger volumes)
• 20-22 weeks
• For limited frequencies in packages smaller than 3.2X2.5mm.
• 60 weeks
For an industry that is accustomed to 8-week lead times, this poses a challenge. So how is Suntsu combatting these lead times? We’ll tell you how.
Are you having supply issues? Give us a call, we can help.
Need more information? Please contact us with any questions.